Do you want to improve organizational performance by capitalizing on proven talent?
Do you want to be better connected to America’s Veteran labor force and learn cutting-edge talent acquisition best-practices?
Does your company want to be recognized by Veterans and the Commonwealth of Virginia as a company that Values Veterans?
The V3 Program has helped hundreds of employers throughout the Commonwealth better understand the Veteran talent pool, and effectively trained them on current best practices for recruiting, hiring, and retaining Veterans. Thousands of career-seeking Veterans have looked to V3 companies as they search for organizations that value their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
If you would like to join this elite group of employers who have made public commitments to the Commonwealth to recruit, hire, and retain qualified Veterans, just follow the instructions below:
State Agencies: Please click here for instructions specific to your organization.
- Complete the online Application or download the Application for Enrollment.
- (State Agencies, please click here for more information.)
- Submit the application via the online form; or return completed documents to the V3 Program. Email to:Jasmine.Gore@dvs.virginia.gov
- Upon approval, you will be eligible for Free employer training from various subject-matter experts on topic pertaining to recruiting, hiring, and retaining Veterans.
- It’s Free to Join!
- Enrolled companies will have one year to complete all mandatory training for certification
- It’s Free to get Trained! Here’s the list of the latest training requirements (January 2016):
- V3 Core Curriculum (offered in person at V3 Employer Training Seminar or via webinar)– (~2.5 hrs)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Rights (USERRA)– (~30 minutes)
- OJT/Apprenticeship: Building an On-the-Job Training or Apprenticeship Program – (~30 minutes)
- Leverage your LVER: Veteran Employment Services through the Virginia Employment Commission – (~30 minutes)
- Virginia Veteran and Family Support Program: Dispelling myths of PTSD / TBI – (~30 minutes)
- Virginia National Guard: “Vet” is a Big Word: The Value of Hiring a Virginia National Guardsman – (~30 minutes)
- Optional: V3 Organizational Veteran Hiring Plan webinar
- Find and register for the training requirements (bolded titles) at dvsV3.com/events
- Upon completion of all training requirements, companies will submit an Organizational Veteran Hiring Plan (OVHP), identifying active measures to recruit, hire, and retain Veterans. This is the capstone requirement to earning V3 certification.
- You will also be required to submit an Executive Cover Letter with a Veteran Hiring Goal.
- Companies whose OVHPs have been approved will receive a certificate from Governor McAuliffe as an organization certified by the Commonwealth as an official “Virginia Values Veterans” company.
- It’s Free to Get Certified!
The V3 Program provides a wide variety of incentives to its certified companies that range from Veteran connectivity events to Public Service Announcement campaigns to public recognition from the Governor’s office. Additionally, the V3 Program will administer a newly enacted Veterans Employment Grant, in which qulaifying companies may receive up to $10,000 for hiring and retaining Veterans. To learn more about the V3 Employment Grant, click here.
The V3 Program educates, trains, connects, and certifies its companies at no cost to the employer. Yes, it’s free! Why not take advantage of our subject matter experts’ knowledge on how to build a better workforce with Virginia’s Veterans?